It’s that time of year! Time to ensure your voices are heard.
The B.C. Wildlife Federation asks that you send your resolutions for review. Resolutions to be considered for debate at the BCWF 2022 AGM must be passed by the region and be received by the BCWF Office or Resolutions Committee Chair no later than 11:59 pm, December 31, 2021. Minutes from the region’s meeting noting the resolutions were passed will need to be submitted along with the resolutions themselves. Email, fax and hardcopy are acceptable. There is no appeal on a lateness decision. The Resolutions Committee will review the resolutions which are submitted before the deadline, judge admissibility (i.e. must deal with provincial, national or international matters, not regional issues), and redraft as required. Sponsors whose resolutions are modified or rejected will be advised in writing.
Late resolutions, unless deemed Emergency Resolutions, will be held over until the following year. Allowances will be made for unusual circumstances, mail strikes and so on, but this is at the discretion of the Resolutions Committee.
In order to ensure the resolutions originating from your club/region are eligible for consideration, please ensure that they meet the following requirements:
1. Was the resolution submitted by the stated deadline (with proof of minutes from regional submissions)?
2. Does it deal with provincial, national, and international issues?
3. Was it first directed to the appropriate BCWF committee for action before being submitted as a resolution (confirm with Committee Chair or Co-chairs)?
4. Is the subject matter included in the BCWF Constitution or By-laws (then it should be a Special Resolution)?
5. Is the text of the resolution clear and factual about what is being sought?
6. Are all the words clearly articulated ensuring there are no abbreviations?
7. Is the wording of the resolution appropriate?
8. Does the BCWF have the ability to undertake the action(s)?
9. Is the information in the supporting brief factual?
10. Has the subject matter of the resolution been defeated within the last 3-year period?
11. Has a similar resolution been defeated within a 3-year period?
12. Has the same resolution been passed previously?
13. Does the resolution cover two different topics? If so, please ensure it is separated into two distinct resolutions.
To ensure your resolution(s) reach(es) the Resolution Committee in a timely manner, please ensure that you email them to email@example.com, OR fax them to 604-882-9933 OR mail a hard copy to:
B.C. Wildlife Federation
101 – 9706 188th St
Surrey, BC V4N 3M2
Should you have any questions regarding how to format or submit a resolution for consideration, please contact Mark McDonald, Resolutions Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.