BCWF’s Conservation Webinar Series:
On February 22nd, 2022, 7:00pm Tracy Andrews and Kevin Kriese from the Forest Practices Board will presented on Improving Forest Practices to Protect Water.
The webinar covered the following areas:
- Forest licensees in BC generally follow legal requirements to protect water, and some licensees do more; but impacts to fish habitat, drinking water, roads, and infrastructure still occur.
- Based on fifteen years of field experience, the Forest Practices Board has identified four opportunities to improve forestry legislation and policy to protect water:
- Better public involvement through planning;
- Managing for cumulative effects and climate change;
- Reduce sediment from roads; and
- Watershed restoration.
Watch the recording of the webinar here: