Join us on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022, 7:00pm for the next edition of the BCWF’s Conservation Webinar Series. Tracy Andrews and Kevin Kriese from the Forest Practices Board will present on the topic: Improving Forest Practices to Protect Water.
The webinar will cover the following areas:
- Forest licensees in BC generally follow legal requirements to protect water, and some licensees do more; but impacts to fish habitat, drinking water, roads, and infrastructure still occur.
- Based on fifteen years of field experience, the Forest Practices Board has identified four opportunities to improve forestry legislation and policy to protect water:
- Better public involvement through planning;
- Managing for cumulative effects and climate change;
- Reduce sediment from roads; and
- Watershed restoration.
*** REGISTER NOW ***
I am interested in attending the webinar but unable to join on Feb 22nd. Will the webinar be recorded?
Yes! The webinar will be recorded and made available on YouTube in our BCWF Conservation Webinar Series Playlist and in the tab ‘Live’ on Facebook. We also link to the recordings of all previous webinars on our Conservation Webinar Series webpage.
I have registered for the Zoom webinar but I am unable to attend. How do I receive a recording of the webinar?
No problem, 24 hours after the Zoom webinar has ended, all registrants will receive an email with the link to the recording on YouTube and Facebook Live video.
Will my questions be responded to?
We give our best to respond to all questions coming in from Zoom and Facebook during the webinar. However, due to time constraints, we offer to collect the questions that were not responded to and upload the responses to them after the webinar on the Conservation Webinar Series webpage under “Previous Webinars”.