Join our community
Membership gives you a voice
Join the community that works hard for the protection and conservation of B.C.’s fish, wildlife and their habitat. By becoming a member of the BCWF or an affiliated club, you contribute to advocacy, on-the-ground stewardship, independent research, and gain access to member-exclusive benefits, discounts, third-party liability insurance, and more!
Adventure. Education. Conservation.
Kickstart Your Life Outdoors
- BCWF is your first step toward a sustainable life outdoors
- Members-only training in hunting and angling, taught by world-class experts
- Everything you need to become a successful hunter, angler, or sport shooter, including your CORE
- Women-only workshops in outdoor skills
Fighting for our Future
- The voice of conservationists, hunters, anglers and sports shooters in Victoria and Ottawa
- Ensuring your ability to hunt, fish, camp, hike, and harvest wild foods is protected and enhanced
- Advocating for common-sense firearms regulations
- Demanding wildlife management and habitat protection policies are based on science, not politics
A Future for Fish and Wildlife
- Support innovative habitat restoration and wildlife research projects, from beaver dam analogues to salmon-rearing streams
- Protect forests, rivers, fish, and wildlife through partnerships with First Nations and government
- World-class independent research to ensure science-based wildlife management
Active in your Backyard
- Affiliated with clubs and rifle ranges across the province
- Family-friendly events and celebrations in communities across B.C.
- Thousands of British Columbians participate in Fishing Forever, Family Fishing Day, and National Range Day
- Volunteer opportunities on conservation projects across the province
- Changing the conversation about hunting and fishing through advocacy and outreach, including more than 400 million media views annually
Members get Benefits
- Six issues of BC Outdoors magazine annually, each including sixteen pages of exclusive content
- Regular newsletters and advocacy updates on issues you care about
- Members enjoy discounts on all BCWF educational programs including Go Wild and Wild Kidz camps for children and teens, and women’s programs including Becoming an Outdoors Woman boot camps and Women’s Outdoors Programs
- Retail discounts at Mark’s Work Wearhouse, Bass Pro (Tsawwassen) and Silvercore
- Discounts on car rentals and hotels
We have you Covered
- Free off-road liability insurance when hunting/fishing, which is legally required to operate an Off Road Vehicle on Forest Service Roads
- Free excess third party liability insurance for up to $2 million for things like shooting, hunting, fishing and archery
- Up to 30% off full Off Road Vehicle liability insurance (typically a $40 savings per unit)
- Up to 35% off Off Road Vehicle physical damage policy (typically a $150+ savings per unit)
- $10 off firearm Legal Defence insurance policy
- Coverage for hunting, fishing, firearms and boating
Direct Individual Membership: $56.00
Family Direct Membership: $85.00
Life Membership: $1,150.00
BCWF affiliated clubs
Be part of a smaller community within the BCWF! We have many affiliated clubs that are spread out across the province. Consider joining one of our clubs in your community and you will receive all the benefits of a BCWF Membership.
Is your club not part of the BCWF? We are always welcoming new affiliate clubs!
What’s included in my BCWF membership?
Your membership includes:
- Insurance coverage tailored to your needs. Excess Third-Party Liability insurance covering a wide range of outdoor activities, plus the use of ATVs and other vehicles while engaged in hunting and angling.
- Exclusive access to the Learn to Fish and Hunt Series.
- BC Outdoors Magazine: six issues of B.C.’s most trusted outdoors publication.
- Regular advocacy updates from the BCWF via our website, newsletters and social media.
- Member discounts by presenting your BCWF membership card at Marks Work Warehouse, Cabela’s, Bass Pro and more!
- Complimentary BCWF vehicle decal
- Education, outreach and increasing awareness of the value of fish and wildlife management to the public and government.
- Access to the decision-makers. Effective, timely and trusted advocacy efforts with both federal and provincial governments.
Why is my insurance policy dated to expire at the end of the current year?
The BCWF Insurance policy is a group policy with Capri Insurance. The BCWF/Capri Insurance Policy term runs each year from January 1 to December 31. As an active BCWF member, you will have access to the policy for the duration of your membership.
What does the BCWF insurance policy cover?
The Personal Excess Liability Policy covers a range of member activities including hunting and angling, range shooting, and other associated activities like hiking and camping. Coverage also extends to the use or ownership of ATVs and snowmobiles on forest service and non-public roads, while members are engaged in hunting and angling activities. These vehicles still need to be plated and registered as per ICBC regulations. Additionally, coverage also extends to the use or ownership of watercraft (under 100hp/up to 12m in length) while also engaged in hunting and angling.
How do I obtain a Certificate of Liability?
Active members in good standing are welcome to access the certificate of liability at any time during the duration of their membership. A copy will be mailed out with the BCWF membership package and if more copies are required, they can be accessed in one of two ways:
- Go Online. You can download the certificate by accessing our Member Portal. From there, click on “Insurance Coverage” on the menu and download the certificate for your membership.
- Get in touch with our Office. Please contact our membership team and request a new certificate to be sent to you via email, fax or mail.
How do I receive BC Outdoors magazine?
When you sign up for a membership, you automatically receive a subscription to BC Outdoors magazine. The membership team will submit subscription information to the BC Outdoors publisher two months before the magazine is sent out. If you need to change your address, please contact our membership team.
I lost my card. How do I get a replacement?
Please contact our membership team and they will gladly replace your card.
Is it possible to purchase a membership for someone else?
Yes! On the membership form, select the checkbox that says “I wish to give a gift of membership” and follow the checkout process. You can also contact our membership team.
When does my membership card expire?
Direct Members: Your membership card will expire one year from the date you purchase it. This date is also printed on your membership card.
Club Members: Your membership card will expire on the date printed on your card. These dates are pre-selected by your BCWF affiliated club.
How do I get my membership number?
Your member number is printed on your BCWF membership card. You may also contact our membership team.
When will I receive my membership?
Once you sign up, your membership card will arrive at your designated address in 5-10 business days. For club members, we send out membership cards within 7-10 business days of receiving member information from a club.
I just moved. How do I update my address?
You are able to update your address if you have a profile on the BCWF eCommunity platform. You may also contact our membership team.