Learn… Practice… Lead!
Go Wild gives youth hands-on opportunities to develop outdoor and leadership skills they will use throughout their lives. Go Wild has been running annually since 2013 as day camps held all over British Columbia. This year we are changing Go Wild’s structure switching it from a day camp to a 9-day overnight camp in order to create the leaders of conservation today!
WHAT IS NEW?
The new Go Wild program will take 20 conservation-minded youth (between the ages of 12-17) and transform them into conservation leaders over the course of 9 days.
The program will have 3 phases:
- PHASE 1 (days 1-3): Leadership and Teamwork
- PHASE 2 (days 4-6): Bushcraft and Wildlife Management Ethics
- PHASE 3 (days 7-9): Conservation Project Management
Throughout the camp we will have visiting industry professionals speak to campers about their field of expertise. Campers will have the opportunity to interact with these professionals in order to learn more about how to pursue careers in related fields. After completing Go Wild, campers will be required to complete a conservation project in their school or home community. Our Youth Program staff will offer ongoing support and depending on funding we may offer campers micro-grants to help finance their projects.
Go Wild Letters of Intent NOW OPEN!
We are excited to announce that we are currently accepting letters of intent for Go Wild 2021! If you are interested in applying to this fantastic overnight conservation experience, please fill out a Letter of Intent and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the Go Wild Program. Applications will be accepted until February 28th.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any youth from BC between the ages of 12-17 may apply
- Applications for 2021 open until February 28
- ONLY 20 applicants will be chosen
It is FREE to apply
- Download Letter of Intent
- Fill out form
- Email form to email@example.com
(Application for Summer 2021 NOW OPEN)
All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application. Successful applicants will be sent an email with a link to register and make their payment.
$600 per camper (all meals included)
There may be additional costs if transportation is required.
Please note: if the registration fee for camp is a barrier for your family, please note this in your Letter of Intent. We do our best to connect youth with the inability to pay with sponsors and donors who can subsidize their costs.
- Hands-on conservation experience
- Connection to industry professionals
- Continued post-camp support from BCWF for individual conservation projects
- Leadership development
- Introduction to project management skills
- Advanced outdoor and survival skills
- Potential access to micro-grants (dependent on funding availability)
PARENT AND CAMPER RESOURCES
Will be available in late May to early June
Follow us on Facebook
To stay up-to-date on all things Go Wild, and other BCWF youth programs and family resources, follow us on Facebook!