Learn… Practice… Lead!
Go Wild gives youth hands-on opportunities to develop outdoor and leadership skills they will use throughout their lives. This program will take 20 conservation-minded youth (between the ages of 12-17) and transform them into conservation leaders over the course of 9 days. Registration will open in 2022, stay tuned!
The program will have 3 phases:
- PHASE 1 (days 1-3): Leadership and Teamwork
- PHASE 2 (days 4-6): Bushcraft and Wildlife Management Ethics
- PHASE 3 (days 7-9): Conservation Project Management
Throughout the camp we will have visiting industry professionals speak to campers about their field of expertise. Campers will have the opportunity to interact with these professionals in order to learn more about how to pursue careers in related fields. Go Wild participants will be given the option to apply and join the Young Conservationist Scholarship Program and complete their own start-to-finish conservation project in their communities with the chance to win a $1,000 scholarship. Our Youth Program staff will offer ongoing support for campers’ projects.
TBD- Stay tuned!
TBD- Stay tuned!
$350 for the general public
$300 for BCWF Members
Please note: if the registration fee for camp is a barrier for your family, please send us an email at email@example.com. We do our best to connect youth with the inability to pay with sponsors and donors who can subsidize their costs.
- Hands-on conservation experience
- Connection to industry professionals
- Continued post-camp support from BCWF for individual conservation projects
- Leadership development
- Introduction to project management skills
- Advanced outdoor and survival skills
- Potential access to micro-grants (dependent on funding availability)
- Eligibility to apply for our Young Conservationist Scholarship Program
WHO CAN REGISTER?
- Any youth from B.C. between the ages of 12-17 may apply when registration opens
- ONLY 20 spots available
Follow us on Facebook
To stay up-to-date on all things Go Wild, and other BCWF youth programs and family resources, follow us on Facebook!
Go Wild 2021 Report
Curious about the Go Wild program? Read our 2021 Go Wild report! This document has photos, stats, overviews of lessons, camp schedules, and reflections relating to the past year.