Learn… Practice… Lead!
Go Wild gives youth hands-on opportunities to develop outdoor and leadership skills they will use throughout their lives. Although our Go Wild program will operate as a 9-day overnight camp when it is safe to do so, we have chosen to operate Go Wild as a day camp in 2021 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In-person youth camps will resume in accordance with provincial COVID-19 safety rules.
WHAT IS NEW?
The new Go Wild program will take 15 conservation-minded youth (between the ages of 12-17) and transform them into conservation leaders over the course of 9 days.
The program will have 3 phases:
- PHASE 1 (days 1-3): Leadership and Teamwork
- PHASE 2 (days 4-6): Bushcraft and Wildlife Management Ethics
- PHASE 3 (days 7-9): Conservation Project Management
Throughout the camp we will have visiting industry professionals speak to campers about their field of expertise. Campers will have the opportunity to interact with these professionals in order to learn more about how to pursue careers in related fields. After completing Go Wild, campers will be required to complete a conservation project in their school or home community. Go Wild participants will be given the option to apply and join the Young Conservationist Scholarship Program to complete their conservation program (with the chance to win a $1,000 scholarship), or apply for a micro-grant to fund their individual project (dependent on funding). Our Youth Program staff will offer ongoing support for campers’ projects.
Go Wild Letters of Intent NOW OPEN!
We are excited to announce that we are currently accepting letters of intent for Go Wild 2021! If you are interested in applying to this fantastic overnight conservation experience, please fill out a Letter of Intent and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the Go Wild Program. Applications are now open, fill out the form application form to this page to apply!
$600 per camper (all meals included)
There may be additional costs if transportation is required.
Please note: if the registration fee for camp is a barrier for your family, please note this in your Letter of Intent. We do our best to connect youth with the inability to pay with sponsors and donors who can subsidize their costs.
- Hands-on conservation experience
- Connection to industry professionals
- Continued post-camp support from BCWF for individual conservation projects
- Leadership development
- Introduction to project management skills
- Advanced outdoor and survival skills
- Potential access to micro-grants (dependent on funding availability)
- Eligibility to apply for our Young Conservationist Scholarship Program
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any youth from BC between the ages of 12-17 may apply
- Applications for 2021 open
- ONLY 15 applicants will be chosen
It is FREE to apply
- Fill out Go Wild Application form below
- If you are interested in opting for the Young Conservationist Scholarship Program for the project component, please fill out that form as well.
All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application. Successful applicants will be sent an email with a link to register and make their payment.
Application form below for Go Wild!
Please note that if you opt to apply for the Young Conservationist Scholarship Program, you must fill out both forms listed below.
Go Wild Application
Young Conservationist Scholarship Program Application
Apologies, this application is now closed.
PARENT AND CAMPER RESOURCES
Will be available in late May to early June
Follow us on Facebook
To stay up-to-date on all things Go Wild, and other BCWF youth programs and family resources, follow us on Facebook!