Learn… Practice… Lead!
Go Wild gives youth hands-on opportunities to develop outdoor and leadership skills they will use throughout their lives. Go Wild has been running annually since 2013 as day camps held all over British Columbia. This year we are changing Go Wild’s structure switching it from a day camp to a 9-day overnight camp in order to create the leaders of conservation today!
CANCELLED FOR 2020
WHAT IS NEW?
The new Go Wild program will take 20 conservation-minded youth (between the ages of 12-17) and transform them into conservation leaders over the course of 9 days.
The program will have 3 phases:
- PHASE 1 (days 1-3): Leadership and Teamwork
- PHASE 2 (days 4-6): Bushcraft and Wildlife Management Ethics
- PHASE 3 (days 7-9): Conservation Project Management
Throughout the camp we will have visiting industry professionals speak to campers about their field of expertise. Campers will have the opportunity to interact with these professionals in order to learn more about how to pursue careers in related fields. After completing Go Wild, campers will be required to complete a conservation project in their school or home community. Our Youth Program staff will offer ongoing support and depending on funding we may offer campers micro-grants to help finance their projects.
COVID-19 UPDATE JUNE 1st, 2020
2020 was set to be a big year for Go Wild. We gave the program a complete overhaul, changing it from a 5-day day camp to a 9-day overnight adventure. However, based on the advice of Dr. Bonnie Henry in her press conference on May 26th, we have decided to cancel Go Wild.
We thank everyone who has applied for Go Wild this year and recommend you all apply again for 2021. We are hoping to hold Go Wild in the same location (Silverlake Camp in Summerland) at roughly the same time next year. If anyone has any questions about this decision or about Go Wild in general. Please send your questions to email@example.com.
July 29th - August 7th, 2020
CANCELLED FOR 2020
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any youth from BC between the ages of 12-17 may apply
- Applications will be taken starting September 1, 2020 for Summer 2021
- ONLY 20 applicants will be chosen
It is FREE to apply
- Download Letter of Intent
- Fill out form
- Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Application for Summer 2021 will open in September)
All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application. Successful applicants will be sent an email with a link to register and make their payment.
$600 per camper (all meals included)
There may be additional costs if transportation is required.
Please note: if the registration fee for camp is a barrier for your family, please note this in your Letter of Intent. We do our best to connect youth with the inability to pay with sponsors and donors who can subsidize their costs.
- Hands-on conservation experience
- Connection to industry professionals
- Continued post-camp support from BCWF for individual conservation projects
- Leadership development
- Introduction to project management skills
- Advanced outdoor and survival skills
- Potential access to micro-grants (dependent on funding availability)
PARENT AND CAMPER RESOURCES
Will be available in late May to early June