Make your next outdoor adventure safe with BCWF!
Fishing and exploring the outdoors can be an enjoyable pastime and a way to relax for many of us. If you are a senior (55+) in British Columbia who wants to explore all the fishing opportunities B.C. has to offer, the B.C. Wildlife Federation is launching a free SPOT GPS rental service for 2021. With this service, we ensure that you and your loved ones feel safe while you explore the outdoors. This service is exclusive to seniors in B.C. aged 55 and over.
When you borrow a SPOT Gen3, you will be given a critical line of contact when traveling beyond service boundaries. With the push of a button, the SPOT Gen3 will let your family and friends know that you are okay, or in the case of an emergency, responders will be notified and dispatched to your location. Additionally, with the SPOT Mapping feature, you can share your current whereabouts or save your favourite locations. For more information about this service, or to request a free rental, please fill out the form below and we will contact you within 48 hours for further information needed to complete the rental.
- You must be a BCWF Member in good standing to rent a SPOT Gen3 GPS.
- You must be 55+ to rent a SPOT Gen3 GPS.
- If accepted, you will be required to complete a rental agreement.
- The maximum one-time rental duration is 30 days.
- Upon final approval, the device will be shipped to you via Canada Post. All shipping and handling fees (including the return shipment) will be paid for by the BCWF.
- Rental requests will only be accepted during our office hours (M-F, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. excluding holidays).
- The rental agreement holder will be financially responsible for loss or damage to the GPS unit and associated accessories, as well as any costs from deploying emergency services.
Submit your Rental Request
Fill out the form below to submit your rental request. Please use a web browser on a computer, as we are experiencing bugs with the mobile version of this form.
If you need any assistance with your proposal submission, please contact us at email@example.com or call Taylor Irving, Fish Habitat Restoration and Education Assistant at 604-882-9988 ext. 225. We are happy to assist you!