Learn to fish
A unique approach to angling
Reel Fishing is a unique fishing workshop in BC that combines fishing practices with conservation and habitat restoration experience.
Reel Fishing is BC Wildlife Federation’s unique approach to providing an informative fishing workshop, while keeping conservation in its core. During this workshop you will gain valuable knowledge that will make you a stronger and more confident angler. All fishing and restoration equipment will be provided during this 2-day workshop; all you need is a packed lunch.
Topics we will cover during this workshop include:
Before you buy:
- Choosing the right fishing rod
- Choosing the right fishing reel
- Different fishing setups
- What lures and bait work best, where?
While you’re out on the water:
- How to read the water and find more fish
- Proper Fish handling and fish ID
- River etiquette towards anglers
- River etiquette towards the environment
- The importance of looking after our streams
- Hands-on fish habitat restoration; planting native plant species, invasive plant species removal, fish counting, etc.
- Set up your own rod
- Hours of hands on fishing
- Boat safety
- Angling from a boat