Journal Prompt: What does summer look like, feel like, and sound like?
Animal of the Week: Garter Snake
Garter Snakes are a type of snake that is found all across Canada. They can live in any environment except for water, so you may find these creatures in marshes, fields, forests, and more. These snakes hibernate in burrows, holes, and under rocks for almost six months a year, and only emerge in the Spring. Female Garter Snakes can have up to 80 baby snakes in a single litter!
At-Home Activity: Time Capsule
Make a capsule for your future self!
What you need:
- Container (jar, box, etc.)
- Items, photos, toys, and other things to put inside your container.
- Find a container that you can bury or put in a safe place.
- Gather your items. These can be toys, pictures, drawings, or anything else you want your future self to see! Make sure they fit in the container you’ve chosen.
- Place your items in the container and bury it in your backyard, or place it in a safe place you’ll remember to open in 5, 10, or more years!
Aquatic Learning at Home: Ever wanted to learn more about marine biology? Monterey Bay Aquarium has several online courses and activities for youth of all ages. Click here for the article!
Edible Plants for Play and Learning: Learn the importance of edible landscaping for youth! Click here for more information!