Join our community
Membership gives you a voice
Do you want to be a part of our community that fights for the conservation of BC’s fish, wildlife and their habitat? By joining the BCWF or an affiliated club, you contribute to the protection of our province’s fish, wildlife and wild spaces. Become part of the voice that stands up for BC’s natural diversity.
Enjoy the many perks
Your membership has its perks! Check out all the ways your BCWF membership benefits you.
- Access to the decision makers. Effective, timely and trusted lobbying efforts with both federal and provincial governments.
- Have your voice join over 43,000 members and ensure BC residents have fair access to fish and wildlife.
- Insurance coverage tailored to your needs. Excess Third Party Liability insurance covering a range of outdoor activities, plus use of ATVs and other vehicles while engaged in hunting and angling.
- Education, outreach and increasing awareness of the value of wildlife management to the public and government.
- The integration of connectivity and technology into your outdoor experiences through the BCWF Conservation App.
- BC Outdoors Magazine: six issues of BC’s oldest and most trusted outdoors publication. Regular advocacy updates from the BCWF via our website, newsletters, member updates, and social media.
- Personalized BCWF ID Card plus a dedicated membership service team to answer your questions or concerns.
- Member only discounts and access to BCWF Merchandise, member events and offers from our Affinity partners.
Direct Individual Membership: $54.50
Family Direct Membership: $82.50
Life Membership: $1,120.00
BCWF affiliated clubs
To be part of a smaller community within the BCWF, consider joining one of our many BCWF affiliated clubs that are spread across our province. When you join, your club will also enrol you with us so that you can receive all of the benefits of BCWF Membership.
We welcome new affiliate clubs!
Clubs by Region
Region 1 - Vancouver Island
President: Dennis Popplestone
Pacific Rim Fish and Game Association, Ucluelet, BC
Port Alice Fish & Wildlife Association – Port Alice, BC
Sayward Fish & Game Association – Sayward, BC
Salt Spring Island Rod & Gun Club – Salt Spring Island, BC
Region 2 - Lower Mainland
President: Chuck Zuckerman
Associated Wildlife Preserves – Surrey, BC
Canadian Hellenic Rod & Gun Club – Delta, BC
Delta Ladner Rod & Gun Club – Delta, BC
Frenchie’s Island Waterfowl Society- Richmond, BC
Italian-Canadian Rod & Gun Club – Burnaby, BC
Kingfishers Rod & Gun Club – Langley, BC
Local Hunter Club – Surrey, BC
Region 3 - Thompson River
President: Bruce Ambler
Clinton & District Outdoor Sportsmen Association – Clinton, BC
Highland Valley Outdoors Association – Logan Lake, BC
Kamloops & District Fish & Game Association – Kamloops, BC
Monte Lake Outdoor Club – Westwold, BC
Region 4E - East Kootenay
President: Glenn Flynn
Elkford Rod & Gun Club – Elkford, BC
Sparwood Fish & Wildlife Association – Sparwood, BC
Region 4W - West Kootenay
President: Wally Kampen
Lower Arrows Lakes Conservation Assoc. – Edgewood, BC
West Arm Outdoors Club – Nelson, BC
Region 5 - Cariboo/Chilcotin
President: Ken Last
Bella Coola Rod & Gun Club – Bella Coola, BC
Likely Archery Rod & Gun Club – Likely, BC
Region 6 - Skeena
President: David Lewis
Atlin Rod and Gun Club, Atlin, BC
Fulton River Rod & Gun Club – Granisle, BC
Kitimat Rod & Gun Association – Kitimat, BC
Prince Rupert Rod & Gun Club – Prince Rupert, BC
Port Clements Rod & Gun Club- Port Clements, BC
Region 7A - Omineca
Region 7B - Peace
Region 8 - Okanagan
President: Pat Whittingham
Black Mountain Sportsman Association – Kelowna, BC
Cherryville & District Com. Shooting Range Association – Cherryville, BC
Kettle Wildlife Association – Rock Creek, BC
Lumby & District Wildlife Association – Lumby, BC
What’s included in my BCWF membership?
Your membership includes:
- A voice in BC’s leading conservation organization
- $2,000,000 excess third party liability insurance including ATV and other vehicle use while engaged in hunting and fishing
- A subscription to BC Outdoors Magazine
- Reduced rates and exclusive offers through our Affinity Partners
- Special offers on BCWF merchandise
- A personalized membership card and BCWF decal
Why is my insurance policy dated to expire at the end of the current year?
The BCWF Insurance policy is a group policy with Capri Insurance. The BCWF/Capri Insurance Policy term runs each year from January 1 to December 31. As an active BCWF member, you will have access to the policy for the duration of your membership.
What does the BCWF insurance policy cover?
The Personal Excess Liability Policy covers a range of member activities including hunting and angling, range shooting, and other associated activities like hiking and camping. Coverage also extends to the use or ownership of ATVs and snowmobiles on forest service and non-public roads, while members are engaged in hunting and angling activities. These vehicles still need to be plated and registered as per ICBC regulations. Additionally, coverage also extends to the use or ownership of watercraft (under 100hp/up to 12m in length) while also engaged in hunting and angling.
How do I obtain a Certificate of Liability?
Active members in good standing are welcome to access the certificate of liability at any time during the duration of their membership. A copy will be mailed out with the BCWF membership package and if more copies are required, they can be accessed in one of two ways:
- Go Online. You can download the certificate by accessing our Member Portal. From there, click on “Insurance Coverage” on the menu and download the certificate for your membership.
- Get in touch with our Office. Please contact our membership team and request a new certificate to be sent to you via email, fax or mail.
How do I receive BC Outdoors magazine?
When you sign up for a membership, you automatically receive a subscription to BC Outdoors magazine. The membership team will submit subscription information to the BC Outdoors publisher two months before the magazine is sent out. If you need to change your address, please contact our membership team.
I lost my card. How do I get a replacement?
Please contact our membership team and they will gladly replace your card.
Is it possible to purchase a membership for someone else?
Yes! On the membership form, select the checkbox that says “I wish to give a gift of membership” and follow the checkout process. You can also contact our membership team.
When does my membership card expire?
Direct Members: Your membership card will expire one year from the date you purchase it. This date is also printed on your membership card.
Club Members: Your membership card will expire on the date printed on your card. These dates are pre-selected by your BCWF affiliated club.
How do I get my membership number?
Your member number is printed on your BCWF membership card. You may also contact our membership team.
When will I receive my membership?
Once you sign up, your membership card will arrive at your designated address in 5-10 business days. For club members, we send out membership cards within 7-10 business days of receiving member information from a club.
I just moved. How do I update my address?
You are able to update your address if you have a profile on the BCWF eCommunity platform. You may access this here: https://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/pages/welcome. You may also contact our membership team.