Thank You for Attending the 63rd Annual General Meeting & Convention
We would like to thank the dedicated members, supporters and our sponsors for joining us this year in Fort St. John for the 63rd Annual General Meeting & Convention. Two hundred delegates, direct members and guests from 10 regions of the province spent three days voting on resolutions, conducting business, listening to presentations by industry leaders and electing the 2019/2020 Board of Directors.
2019 AGM & Convention Photos
At this year’s AGM & Convention expert speakers presented research and answered questions based on the theme of this year’s AGM, “Predator-Prey Dynamics.” You can now view the speakers presentations on our YouTube channel.
The BC Wildlife Federation’s Annual Gala and Awards Dinner was hosted at the Pomeroy hotel in Fort St. John on May 11, 2019 to conclude our 63rd Annual General Meeting and Convention. The main highlight of the evening was the presentation of awards to many well deserving recipients.
- Cameron Grywacheski, of Sparwood BC, won the Biggest Sheep Taken in BC for his Big Horn Sheep measuring 154 2/8.
- Wyatt Cleverley, of Vernon BC, was awarded the Youth Big Game Award as well as the Youth Outstanding Big Game Award for his Mule Deer measuring 163 6/8.
- Noah Dalla Lana, of Grand Forks BC, won the Lee Straight Award for Fishing and the Youth Fishing Award for his 13-pound 1-ounce Northern Pike.
Other Award Winners
- Yvonne Foxall, Deputy Director of the Fish & Wildlife Branch of the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development was awarded the Special Guest Award for helping and assisting the Federation on key fish and wildlife issues.
- Inspector Len Butler of the Conservation Officer Service of BC was awarded the Conservation Officer Award of the year.
- Ray Klingspohn, President of Region 7A – Omineca, was awarded the Bill Otway Award for most effective regional president.
- Glen Flynn, President of Region 4E – Kootenay East, was awarded the President’s Award for volunteer achievement.
- Richard Morley was presented the Art Downs Memorial Award for his article “The Case for Compensation”.
Dean Kuny, of Creston BC, was awarded the Bert Palmer Memorial Big Game Trophy Award for his Elk measuring 360 1/8.
Congratulations to all of the award winners!
2019 AGM Resolutions
The resolutions from the 2019 AGM & Convention are now available.
See You Next Year!
The 2020 AGM & Convention will be held in the beautiful city of Nanaimo! Stay tuned for more information about the 2020 AGM & Convention.